Who said you can’t have sweet treats when you are trying to fit in to that all important wedding dress or when you are on a health kick?? This gorgeous and delicious cake hits just the right spot! I personally think diets and drastically changing your eating habits isn’t the best way to lose weight. Instead swap the unhealthy food in your day to day life to healthier options, work out at least 3 times a week and don’t deny yourself of treats, have a cheat day where you can have what ever you want!
Here is a delicious recipe by the lovely Maia Virdee from Maia’s Low Carb Kitchen, a treat that is both naughty and nice.
Slices – 10 | Prep Time – 15 minutes | Cooking Time – 30 minutes
* 2 cups of ground almonds
* 4 eggs
* 1/3 cup of Xylitol or agave honey
* 3/4 cup of melted coconut butter (a little extra for greasing)
* 1 small orange zest
* 1 teaspoon of baking powder
Topping Ingredients (Optional):
* 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
* 1/4 cup of coconut oil
* 1/4 Xylitol or agave honey
* Raspberries to decorate or fruit of choice
1) Pre-heat oven at 160′C.
2) Whisk the eggs and Xylitol together in a small bowl until smooth. The Xylitol will leave some texture.
3) In a separate bowl, add the ground almonds and the melted coconut butter. Mix well. Then thoroughly stir in the egg mixture and to finish it off throw in the baking powder with the orange zest.
4) Pour the mix into a greased baking tin (8″ inch diameter) and then pop into the oven. Leave it in for roughly 30 minutes. However, you may need to take it out and cover the top in foil if it browns too quickly! Remove from the oven when golden and the top feels springy. To check if the mixture is fully baked, poke a toothpick into the centre of the cake and if it comes out clean, it is ready to cool.
5) After the cake has cooled down, place an empty heatproof bowl into a pan with hot water. Melt the coconut oil and mix in the cacao powder with the Xylitol. When ready, pour over the top and decorate with raspberries.
Lots of love,
Ishari De Silva – Live Beautifully!
Follow with Bloglovin
Ishari De Silva Weddings – Wedding Planning & Designing London